The Best of Colorado: Burke Babeu

Burke Babeu uses his creativity to win a prestigious award.

Conor Strizich

Burke Babeu, a senior at Coronado, won first place with his graphic illustration in the Colorado Student Media Association’s competition.  Burke’s piece showcases his outstanding talent in photo editing, as well as his artistic and creative abilities.  This is a prestigious accomplishment and one that many Colorado students strive to earn.  

Burke is relatively new to the world of Photoshop, but his natural creativity propelled him to this achievement.  Burke says “after several hours of YouTube tutorials, a couple trial runs and some mentoring from Ms. Foos, I finally got it.”  

Burke, with his many Photoshop talents, has become a valuable asset to the yearbook. It was while designing the divider pages that Burke struck success.  Burke’s piece was submitted by Mr. Stoughton, the yearbook and journalism teacher, and unsurprisingly it won first place.

“This is the first thing I’ve ever won, other than a couple scratch tickets and the occasional Uno hand. This is inspirational,” said Burke Babeu about his achievement.
Congratulations to Burke for winning the award.  Next Wednesday, yearbook distribution day, the picture will be revealed, both in the Cougar Daily and in the yearbook on the senior divider page.