Back to School: Upcoming Dates and Opportunities

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Calendar page in planning concept

Aidan Janney, Co-Editor in Chief

The first week of school just finished up! The time of year that students dread all summer is finally here, but there are some fun opportunities coming up to distract from a math test or analytical essay. Now is your chance to meet other students or start a club about your passion. Here are some of the important updates and events coming up at Coronado:

Club Applications are Available!
Talk to a teacher or staff member about sponsoring a club for just about anything. If there isn’t already a club for something, you can easily make one and share your passion! Applications are available from Ms. Petersilie.

Cougars Gone Wired First Meeting – Wednesday, 8/25
The first meeting for Coronado’s robotics team is this Wednesday in room 405 from 6-8pm. Learn more about the opportunity to build a robot or coordinate amazing projects!

Wizard of Oz Auditions – Wednesday, 8/25 and Thursday, 8/26
The Coronado Theatre department is well known for amazing plays and musicals and you can be a part of one! The auditions are right after school 3-5:30pm. Contact Ms. Ambroz with any questions.

Cougars Care First Meeting – Thursday, 8/26
Cougars Care helps Coronado students year after year, and the first meeting for the student board starts at 3pm this upcoming Thursday in room 111.

Club Kickoff – Wednesday, 9/1
The club kickoff is a way to get familiar with the wide variety of clubs available and hopefully join a couple. From math to movies there are so many fun clubs to choose from!

Cougar Coffee House – Friday, 9/3
A welcoming place to showcase your amazing talents! The first Cougar Coffee House of the year is at 6:30pm in the Coronado Auditorium.

Senior Meeting – 9/15
Homecoming Week – 9/20-9/25