Upcoming Spring Play: Done to Death

Kaitlyn Deyoe, Staff Writer

From April 13-15, Coronado will host will put on their annual spring play. The play for this year is the murder mystery, Done to Death. The productions on Thursday, April 13th and Friday, April 14th will be from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. On the 15h, it will be from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. The main leads in the play are Sam Heinz, Corri Redinger, Keenan Sundara, Jojo Hobson, and Wren Fortier. The story will follow a group of murder mystery writers who come together to create a story with the most fascinating twist that any novel has ever had. Some may find it shocking…

Having to get everybody on the same page during a play can be difficult. However, Ms. Ambroz, the drama teacher, describes the values of teamwork and how it contributes to everybody working together to create the final product; “Teamwork and collaboration are known as absolutes in theater because to look good on stage, you have to make your cast members look good as well, so there is certainly a symbiotic relationship in the theater.”

When preparing for a play, it is absolutely necessary to stay on track. Everybody on stage and backstage needs to be doing their part to make sure everything is going smoothly. “The most important thing is to have an idea of what you’re doing and to be aware of your surroundings. There are a lot of people running around and costume changes so it is good for someone not to be totally clueless with what is happening, so it is not stressful for everybody else doing important things,” stated Naomi Riggs, freshman and cast member of the play.

Done to Death is guaranteed to be a very well-planned play. It certainly takes a lot of teamwork to make anything look good. Everyone in drama class is doing their part to contribute and make the production a complete piece so that the audience can enjoy all the hard work that went into it.