Caitlin Garrison

Kaitlyn Deyoe, Staff Writer

When walking into Coronado’s library, the first friendly face you see is Mrs. Garrison, Coronado’s very own librarian of 8 years. Unfortunately, Mrs. Garrison will not return to Coronado next year to follow her dream of traveling the world with her husband in their RV.

Mrs. Garrison loves books and has a passion for reading, so the library was an ideal place for her to work. Additionally, during her time here at Coronado, Mrs. Garrison learned to love remodeling, redesigning, and creating a space to bring her imaginative ideas to life. That’s why she was so excited to see “the joy and excitement from the students and staff when seeing the new library remodel.”

Although school is essentially a place for students to learn, Mrs. Garrison learned a lot too during her time here at Coronado: “Reading books like Spilled Milk, A Child Called It, and Educated helped me become a better person and educator. I’ve learned that a child’s behavior is often not what it happens to be on the surface, and I’m glad I can see that more than ever after my years at Coronado.”

Traveling the world has been a lifelong dream for Mrs. Garrison (as well as paddle boating in every state), and it is finally coming true; the skills and values she gained at Coronado will carry through her journey: “Even though I won’t be working, all the skills that I have learned with communication, hard work, and commitment to something, will definitely carry on through my personal life.”

Coronado wishes Mrs. Garrison good luck on her journey traveling the world, and her ultimate goal to paddle boat in every state!