Natalie Martinez

Kaitlyn Deyoe, Staff Writer

Although not here for long, Natalie Martinez will always have a place in Coronado’s heart as the school’s librarian assistant. Natalie will not be returning to Coronado next year and will be stationed in Germany with her military husband, Daniel.

Being one of our younger staff members, Natalie had some challenges to overcome when it came to respect, thankfully, Natalie started to gain that respect as time went on: “I was so young and fresh out of high school, that it took a while to gain the respect from students and teachers. But I’m glad that over time, people got used to me, and I was able to connect with everyone in the library and make it a better and more comfortable place.”

One of Coronado’s many goals is to help fill students (and even teachers) with endless knowledge that anyone can use. For Natalie, she learned the qualities of technology and design: “I’ve learned so much here as a student, and even as a librarian. Learning more about technology and even remodeling and design are things that I have grown to love. It’s also amazing because I can take things I learned here and apply them to my time in Germany.”

Only being stationed in another country (not technically retiring) Natalie will continue her learning passion and try to find a job in Germany as an “elementary school librarian so [she] can continue her education and pass it on to others as well.”

Coronado wishes Natalie the best of luck in Germany, as she will continue her passion of being a librarian!