The Cougar Daily

• Coronado State Testing - April 16, juniors arrive at 7:40 and sophomores at 11:30 - April 17, freshman arrive at 7:40 and juniors arrive at 11:30 for CMAS
  • Coronado band receives $35,000 grant to refurbish their band room
  • Juniors/Sophomores take the SAT/PSAT on April 16th, Freshmen take the PSAT and Juniors take the CMAS on April 17.
  • Space Symposium Happening at the Broadmoor Hotel: Space Companies and Organizations Meet from All Over the World to Display What's Happening in the Space Industry and Collaborate

The Cougar Daily

The Cougar Daily

Polls

What do you call them?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Girl’s Swim and Dive: Recap of the 22-23 Season, and What to Look Forward To

Group+photo%21+Taken+by+Peyton+Baker%E2%80%99s+mom+at+Leagues.++%0A++
Group photo! Taken by Peyton Baker’s mom at Leagues.

The Coronado Girl’s Swim and Dive team had an undefeated 2022-2023 season and placed second at Leagues in February. The leading girls on the team were Natalie Austin, Class of 2023, Lillie Ratican, Class of 2024, Hali McLean, Class of 2023, Emery Meares, Class of 2026, and Anneka Sedelmyer, Class of 2024. The Diving team included Paige Henry, Class of 2023, Peyton Rice, Class of 2024, and Lilly Neville, Class of 2023.

Last season, girls competed around the state and participated in two invitationals. Several members of the team also managed to make it to the CHSAA State meets. Many of the girls also managed to better their best times through the season. Unfortunately, many of the top contributing girls also graduated from Coronado last year as well.

For the next season, Coach Nathan Holm said that he was looking forward to an “expanded roster,” hoping to have at least “30 girls [out] this season.” Having more girls would also add more depth to the events roster available, as well as increasing the overall points the team will be capable of earning.