The Cougar Daily

• Coronado State Testing - April 16, juniors arrive at 7:40 and sophomores at 11:30 - April 17, freshman arrive at 7:40 and juniors arrive at 11:30 for CMAS
  • Coronado band receives $35,000 grant to refurbish their band room
  • Juniors/Sophomores take the SAT/PSAT on April 16th, Freshmen take the PSAT and Juniors take the CMAS on April 17.
  • Space Symposium Happening at the Broadmoor Hotel: Space Companies and Organizations Meet from All Over the World to Display What's Happening in the Space Industry and Collaborate

The Cougar Daily

The Cougar Daily

Polls

What do you call them?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The Distance Team Makes Their First Appearance at Harrison and Larry Pickering Invite

Dutch Clark Stadium in Pueblo
John Wark
Dutch Clark Stadium in Pueblo

This week in the world of track and field, Coronado’s distance team will be opening their season by competing at the Harrison Panther Invite and the Larry Pickering Centennial Invite on March 20 and 23 respectively.

Bridger Steiner-Smith, Class of 2024, along with a handful of the distance team, has been training all winter with the Kokopelli Racing Team in the indoor track season and saw improved times from the 2023 outdoor season. “Indoor season was a great success… it provided an excellent launching board that will catapult us towards a successful outdoor season filled with individual and team titles and hopefully a strong performance at the state meet,” Steiner-Smith commented.

The Harrison Panther Invite will be held at Harrison High School and the Larry Pickering Centennial Invite will be held at Dutch Clark Stadium in Pueblo, both meets starting at 10 a.m.