Looking Back on the First Quarter

Tiffany Jacquez, Staff Writer

Looking back on the previous quarter, the school has been progressive with settling into the  schedule with new students. This last quarter has been a transitional period for the freshmen attending the high school. Mentors have assisted the them with the process of assimilating into the daily schedule of Coronado. The Mentors meet with the freshman every Wednesday after 2nd period to discuss how they are handling the change between schools and how to become more involved in the school in more than just an academic basis. Mentors and teachers alike are encouraging involvement outside of school.

“We have a lot more freedom in high school. It’s easy to get involved. I am currently involved in FCCLA and Interact club,” said Connie Sun, 9.

Others have learned valuable skills throughout the quarter. Students have learned the importance of time management, especially upperclassmen looking into applying for college. Studying has been emphasized as an important skill to be obtained for freshmen when beginning high school.

“Time management is a vital skill in high school,” said Jenna Salvett, 9.

The school has conducted many after school events, from Homecoming to sports games. Students have the freedom to both support the high school sports teams and charities at events,for instance, the pink out volleyball game against Rampart.

Many staff members have appreciated the frequency and variety of sports events,”I have enjoyed the sports events. It feels like there is one nearly every day”said Ms. Abetia, Librarian.

The previous quarter has been a time of both adjustment and progression, and looking forward we can hope for the best for the concluding section of our semester.