Everyone Happy on Madd Red and Gold Day

Sierra Meisner, Staff Writer

Last Thursday was the finale of Coronado’s Homecoming Spirit Week, the red and yellow extravaganza known as Madd Red and Gold day. It was also the night of the bonfire and volleyball game, as well.

“I thought Madd Red and Gold day was definitely a success, we had a greater turnout than last year. Everyone wanted to be involved and dress up,” said Beau Thompson, sophomore representative.

With by far the most participation of any spirit day, Madd Red and Gold day, which coincided with the Coronado homecoming volleyball game and bonfire, amounted to a Thursday to remember. Many of the students could be seen decked out in their Coronado shirts from either clubs or sports, and it very common to see face paint and glitter decorating the students’ faces and bodies. Other favorites among the cougars were tutus, capes, and beaded necklaces.

“It’s still the beginning of the year, and we still have more spirit days and weeks to come. This year is going to be good, and it has been good. Everyone is participating, I mean, what more could you ask for?” said Beau Thompson.  

Although spirit week may be over, that does not mean our school pride has to. There are many ways to get involved in Coronado, with many clubs and sports to choose from. Even if you do not join a club, you can still come show support for our cougars at games and events.