Another Successful Homecoming Parade

SONY+DSC

SONY DSC

Riley Burgess, That Guy

One of the biggest events in Coronado’s Homecoming week is the annual Homecoming Parade down Colorado Avenue in Old Colorado City, celebrating the homecoming court and the school spirit in Coronado students and the community. Many elementary and middle schools from d11 were included in the parade, walking with Coronado and showing off the floats they helped build. Coronado’s teams and clubs like men’s swim, tennis, softball, and many others, also built eccentric, colorful floats based on the starry night theme, for the crowd of students, parents and community members at the parade. We can all thank Student Counsel for setting up and planning the event. The end of the parade included performances put on by Coronado’s band and cheerleading squad in Bancroft Park where you could also grab a hot breakfast burrito provided by Coronado’s FCCLA members.

This year’s parade was possible because of the large support group involved in setting it up. Ms. Chappellear, the Coronado student counsel advisor, talked about how the students can help to keep the parade tradition alive, saying “For the most part if people could just continue to participate because every year when we have that huge crowd at the park and we look out and see the community coming together then we know that there’s some things that money doesn’t buy so it’s worth raising that money and putting that out there, so we just need continued support.”

Sophomore homecoming court member Isabella Janey said “I think school spirit has gotten a lot better this year and it’s really cool that people are going to more games because it really brings us together more as a school and makes school a lot more fun.”

This has been another successful year for the parade and to keep it that way make sure to keep showing the school spirit of Coronado.