Coronado’s New World Language Teachers: Mr. Trocha and Mrs. Kitzberger

Coronado welcomes Mr. Trocha, and Mrs. Kitzberger

Savannah Ely, Staff Writer

In the 2016-2017 school year, Coronado gained two new world language teachers, French teacher Francois Trocha and German teacher Carmen Kitzberger.

Mr.Trocha, the new French teacher at Coronado, has been here for one semester.  He teaches 1st and 2nd year French and has already made quite the impact on our student body. Originally from Clermont-Ferrand, France, Mr. Trocha is now living in the United States and just received his citizenship. When asked why he wanted to become a French teacher he responded, “I love my country and its culture and I wanted to share it.” Outside of his native French he also speaks English, German and Polish. Before he was a teacher, he worked with handicapped adults and helped them fit into society. This not only provided college credit but it was an overall great experience. Marco Carreon, a Freshman, is in Mr. Trocha’s first year French year class and said “He makes learning French fun and makes the whole class laugh because he is hilarious.”

Coronado also gained a new German teacher, Mrs. Kitzberger, in the 2016-2017 school year. She teaches all 4 years of German and also speaks some French and Spanish. She was born in Germany and 90% of her family lives there. She moved to United States in 1993 and started teaching ever since. She has 3 kids and everyone in her house speaks German as well. When asked what she loves about teaching she responded, ” I love sharing the culture, German is huge about family love, and its amazing teaching kids about small things that our culture takes for granted.” Tegan Gough, a senior at Coronado, was in Mrs.Kitzberger’s 4th year class. When asked, what is was like to take her class he answered, “She is an amazing teacher, she teaches in a different way to where everything is easy to learn.” Both of these teachers are a great addition to the world language staff and are already making their mark on Coronado.

Join us in giving Mr. Trocha and Mrs. Kitzberger a warm welcome!