Cougars in the Crowd: Madi Eurich Putts Perfect!

Mohss Elaine, Staff Writer

Madi Eurich is one of the star players this year, and sadly for the team, will be graduating at the end of the 2018 school year. She hopes to see the team be successful throughout the years, hoping to pass down what she’s learned to the rest of the ongoing team.“This is one of the only sports where you have individual and team awards, so your performance doesn’t rely on anyone else. The scoring is placed on you  both as a team and as a singular player, so being able to set goals both ways helps to show where you need improvement. Playing as an individual really helped me set goals for myself, and made playing with others easier.”

“More people should join the team! You get to miss school because the tournaments go all day, which is really nice. It’s definitely made me work harder as a student because I had to catch up on a lot, but I think to be able to play golf you need to stay up on your work; I’ve definitely had to prove that. Being on the team is a lot of hard work, both playing and keeping up with everything else, so I’ve been really lucky to have made it this far. It’s something I’ve had to work for. For me, being a leader on the team, it’s hard to be able to be a role model for everyone. It’s hard being the number one player.”

“Our team is doing really good now, and I think we have a really good chance for next year, too.” With Madi passing down the putting torch, she will be graduating and going into a bigger league. “I’m going to play next year at St. Cloud State in Minnesota, I’m really happy about that.”

Madi has consistently been placing high in all tournaments, and is currently placed first as of 5/2 into state tournaments! Madi works hard, and is continuing to grow.

“Golf has changed me as a person as an individual player, as well as a team player. I’ve gotten to be used to growing on my own in this aspect and then taking that and giving what I’ve learned to the team. I think the thing I’ll miss most is just being able to have a school behind me that I know supports me in any tournament that I’m in.”

“I think that the girls who will come up next will have to work really hard, and that they will have really good potential. Training changes each day, so some days I’ll have really good putting and other days I’ll have really good drive, so there will always be room for improvement. At St.Cloud, I hope to bring everything that I’ve learned to the table.”

Wish Madi the best of luck at St.Cloud, and that she can continue with her golf aspirations!