Coronado’s 2nd Annual Color Dance

Coronado’s Student Council starts the school year off with music and lots of color.

Dylan Kleckner, Staff Writer

On Friday August 24th, Coronado’s second color dance took place. This tradition started last year as an idea to raise money for the homecoming parade in Old Colorado City. Our social morale position, Ryann Martinez (Grade 12), along with the rest of this year’s student council and cabinet, began planning right when school started. After the dance I was able to catch up with her and ask some questions about the challenges and success of the Color Dance. “I liked it because it was more inclusive. Many groups and students came to support. It was a totally different atmosphere than other dances in the past,” said Ryann “Even though there were a lot of sport events going on, the attendance showed that we reached out to many kids that don’t usually come to events like this, which is part of our goal as student council, to include everyone.” Of course with triumph there will always be things to improve, and I asked her what she felt that was the hardest part of planning the dance. “The playlist for sure, trying to make the music inclusive for everyone. It’s hard to make the perfect playlist that everyone likes.”  After the color dance being such a success, it’s fair to say that it has people on edge for what comes next!