Be Prepared, Not Scared!

CHS is holding a free drug awareness training for all Westside Parents this week!

Raven Sanchez, Staff Writer

Students are becoming more involved and educated about drug use now than ever before, but parents are falling behind as more drugs are becoming prominent and accessible. In the society we live in, it is even more salient that parents are educated enough on these matters to keep their teens safe.

Coronado realizes this, and will be holding a Westside Community Parent Drug Awareness Training on September 12th from 6 to 8 p.m.

The training is completely free and will be located in the auditorium. It is for parents and guardians only.

The training will address statistics on a number of drugs and their slang forms. Parents will learn how these drugs will impact their users and how they can keep their children away from these impacts.

There will be representatives from ACT on Drugs inc.and EPIC for Drug Awareness, two non-profit organizations with plenty of knowledge about their cause.

Food will be provided by food trucks from Marco’s Pizza and Josh and John’s. They can be found in the CHS parking lot from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.

For more information, parents can contact the school nurses via email. Here are their email addresses:

Nicole Mills: [email protected]

Deb Sibilia: [email protected]

Students, encourage any parents on the Westside to come to this training. It will improve both their knowledge of society today and their ability to keep teens safe.