Clubs, Clubs and Even More Clubs!

Take a look and see what club fits your fancy!

Clubs, Clubs and Even More Clubs!

Mohss Elaine, Staff Writer

Get ready to be involved, cougars! Coronado offers so many wonderful clubs and organizations, so you don’t want to miss out! Here’s a brief list of every club Coronado offers, and hopefully you can find a new way to be involved in school!

Mathematics Club- Challenge your brain, apply logic and solve exacting problems! Meetings on Wednesdays after school, rooms 19 and 404.

Dungeons & Dragons Club- Live the life of a magical creature within a make-believe land, all in the pursuit of playing the long lasting role-playing game, Dungeons & Dragons! Meetings Wednesdays after school in room 220.

Reader’s Guild- Dive nose first into beautiful literature in a peaceful, tranquil space. Learn to fall deeper in love with reading and perusal. Meetings Wednesdays after school in the library.

GSTA- Learn to love and accept your fellow students in a safe, open space. LGBT+ or not, everyone is allowed and welcome! Meetings have been changed to Mondays after school in room 214.

Film Club- Find fondness for film and cinema, watch classics and new films alike, and learn more about the stories behind the screen! Meetings Wednesdays after school in room 305.

Newspaper- You’re reading it now! Vote in the polls, write for the school, cover intriguing topics, inform your school about events in the community! Meetings during and after school every day, so there’s no reason to miss out!

Yearbook- Take part in the time capsule of the entire year, look back on great pieces of Coronado’s history! Meetings every day during and after school in room 408.

Art Club- Make prepossessing pieces, learn to use new mediums of art, use challenging techniques, and cherish the work you put into your art! Meetings on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays after school in rooms 413 & 414.

Slam Poetry Club- Get empowered by the act of reading, writing, editing and performing poetry. Express yourself through the act of writing! Meetings Fridays after school in room 203.

Catering Club- Test your skills for cooking and serving food through catering jobs both on and off campus! Learn to work with others and organize a kitchen. Meetings & time are determined by the catering job. Meetings start in room 405.

Knowledge of Sports- Learn about sports and what sport business takes in a community setting. Meetings on Wednesdays during 1st lunch in room 218.

Pay It Forward- Have a focused group of people ready and willing to help out others, and put acts of kindness into the world. Meetings on Wednesdays after school in room 255.

Pickleball Club-  LEarn about the rules of pickleball, how to play, and how to interact with a team. Meetings on Tuesdays after school in the Auxiliary Gym.

Thespian Society- Discuss the expansive world of theatre, take part in Coronado’s wonderful theatre community! Meetings every 1st and 3rd Wednesday during both lunches in the green room (auditorium).

Future Problem Solvers- Develop the youth community, design creative and critical solutions to problems that plague the world today and attain positive futures. Meetings Wednesdays before school in the North end of the library.

Students for the Exploration and Development of Space- Promote interest in space exploration and STEM, working with others in the UCCS SEDS science and engineering project chapter. Meetings on Wednesdays before school in room 105. There are donuts!

Research Club- The research club provides students with a comfortable environment to present/develop their ideas and improve their research skill such as reading scientific journals or designing controlled experiments. Students will be able to apply what they learn in school to real-life settings, and gain knowledge, and skills. Meetings on Tuesdays after school in room 104.

Gaming Club- Develop within a community that gives gamers a place to show each other new games, learn about gaming, and of course play games! Meetings on Fridays after school in room 400.

Mock Trial- Get involved in the execution of laws and rules, prepare yourself for real world problems, and learn more about the legislative side of the US. Meetings on Tuesdays & as needed from 530 PM to 730 PM at the El Paso City Courthouse.

National Honors Society- Take part in your community by volunteering, and get involved on a national level! If you meet the requirements, you have gotten a pamphlet for applying. Meetings on Tuesdays at 7 AM in room 12.

ProStart Club- Prepare to opportunities in the culinary and business fields, and learn to work with others in a healthy setting. Meetings are to be determined, meets in room 405.

Medical & Psychological Interest Club- Learn about the workings of the mind, learn from outside perspectives, and get information on how humans stay healthy! Meetings on Mondays after school in room 115.

International Awareness Club- Engage in activities to better understand worldwide problems and focus yourself on improving your focus on said issues. Meetings during on Tuesdays during 2nd lunch.

Politics Today- Engage in civic debate and learn about modern politics and how they relate to our daily lives, and their long standing regulations. Meetings on Tuesdays after school in room 415.

French National Honors Society- A club for Honors French students that meet the French National Honors Society requirements. See Madame Holmes for more information. Meetings on Thursdays during 1st Lunch in room 401.

Key Club- A club dedicated to community service and leadership opportunities. Meetings on Tuesdays after school in room 217.

French Club- Learn more about French and the culture of France, and engage in French related activities. Meetings on Wednesdays both before school and after school in room 401.

Astronomy Club- Learn more about space, constellations, and astronomy related activities. Meetings on Thursdays after school in room 404 B.

Cougars Care- A club devoted to helping out fellow students, and making sure that no tangible obstacles block a student from their education. Meetings on Thursdays after school in room 111.

Bowling Club- Learn about sportsmanship, teamwork, cooperation and competition through bowling. Meetings on Mondays & Wednesdays after school at the Brunswick Circle Lanes.

Climbing Club- Learn to climb and support your fellow students through competition. Mondays & Wednesdays meet at the Sport Climbing Center, Tuesdays and Thursdays meet in the weight room.

German Club- Grow your interest in the German language, culture, and further your cultural awareness. Meetings on the 1st Wednesday of each month after school in room 114.

Cougars Gone Wired- The FIRST Robotics Team (2996) competes head to head on a special playing field. Learn to build, design, and program machines! There is no experience needed to join! Meetings on Wednesdays from 6 – 8 PM in room 407.

Cyber-Security Club- Learn about yours and others’ cyber security and develop a cyber education, co-op with UCCS. Meetings on Wednesdays before school in the Mid-Lab.

Dance Club- Learn how to dance in an accepting setting, make long lasting relationships and have fun exercising! Meetings on Thursdays after school in the Auditorium building.

Cougar Chaos- Develop a sense of school spirit and learn to love your school! Go to sporting events and support other Cougars! Meetings on Tuesdays before school in room 8.

Interact Club- Focus your time on community projects and volunteer to state service projects as well as international services.  Meetings on Wednesdays before school in room 401.

Cougars For Christ- A group for those who want to grow their relationship with God and Jesus, hoping to spread the love across Coronado. Meetings on Wednesdays before school in room 251.

Cougar Combo/ Triple C’s- Play jazz in a community setting and perform. Meetings Wednesdays  after school in the band room.

Environmental Club- Begin a path to helping preserve the environment, and start a greenhouse with others who care! Meetings on Fridays after school in room 104.

Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA)- Gain knowledge about business, leadership skills and taking part in volunteer activities. Meetings on Thursdays before school in room 4.

LINK Crew- Welcome freshmen into Coronado, focus on the community and support each other through leadership. Meetings 1-2 times a month as needed, after school in room 404B.

Ultimate Frisbee- Build your character as a team player, cooperate with others, and play competitively in a non-contact team. Meetings on Mondays after school at Goose Gossage Park.

Call Sign Cougar- Learn about safe flight in a UAV platform about learn about healthy, friendly competition. Meetings on Wednesdays after school in the Auto Shop.

Family Career Comm Leaders of America (FCCLA)- Develop leadership skills, learn more about others, and promote personal growth. Meetings on Thursdays before school in room 406.