Happy Birthday, Madame Minister

G. Weasley, Special Correspondent

Today marks the 39th birthday of our dearly beloved leader, Hermione Granger-Weasley.

Born to muggles on this day in 1979, Granger-Weasley, nee Granger, received her Hogwart’s letter confirming her magical powers.

What the letter didn’t reveal, however, was the extent of her powers. A genius driven by a compulsion to know everything, Granger-Weasley quickly established herself at the school as the top student, even scoring 112% on a charms exam.

Granger-Weasley befriended Harry Potter, now head of the Auror Office, on Halloween during their first year at school when Potter and her now husband saved her from a troll in the restroom.

Instrumental in the survival of Potter and the downfall of Tom Riddle, He-Who-Can-Now-Freely-Be-Named, Granger-Weasley also proved her merit by taking on seasoned reporter Rita Skeeter and being the founder of Dumbledore’s Army. She has survived perilous situations like being petrified by a basilisk, a ‘kidnapping’ by mermaids, and being tortured by notorious mass-murderer Bellatrix Lestrange.  She is also known to have dated famous international quidditch player Viktor Krum.

So, happiest birthday to our fearless leader; the wisest and most wonderful woman in the wizarding world, amazing mother, and great friend, not to mention the best sister-in-law anyone could wish for!