Coronado Loses Big Against Heavily Favored Pueblo West

The Cyclones offense proved to be too much for the Cougars to handle

Zak Pasquarello, Staff Writer

The Cougars knew they had to play their best against a better team but failed to do so. The defense of the Cyclones was to tough and Coronado only put up 14 points and struggled with turnovers again. The offensive turnovers put the defense in a bad position through the night and the defense was forced into a bad position through the game. The turnovers and lack of defense lead the Cyclones to put up an substantial 49 points. The defense did a good job stopping the pass and the Cyclones only threw for 92 yards. But in what seems to be a pattern, the Cougars had a handful stopping the run giving up 245 rush yards, 5 rushing touchdowns, and allowing this to 7 different players. Willy Bobrik, 12, said that the team can improve with only three games remaining in the season, “…just play as a team and not get down on each other when times are rough”. This could be a great learning experience for the team because instead of getting down on themselves, they could preserve the momentum of this year for next year to create a good culture. Bobrik later said, “with the lead of the seniors, the last three games are important because they have to prove themselves.” As the season comes to a close, the seniors start to become more than just players; they become teachers. With the younger players proving themselves and the seniors pointing them in the right direction, they can be headed on the right path for next season. The Cougars will face the Rampart Rams Thursday, October 19, at Rampart High School.