Announcements: February 11th- February 16th

Students and staff who have trouble keeping track of life’s many events have come to the right place!

Raven Sanchez, Staff Writer

School activities are kicking back into full gear in the upcoming week. There will be a variety of extracurricular and academic activities for students to attend, and they may find them difficult to keep track of. The upcoming week will be an eventful one for students involved in sports, and the arrival of Valentine’s Day will surely keep students busy this week. Thankfully, both students and teachers can rely on the schedule below to keep them on track and inform them of the major occasions to come.

On Monday, February 11th, there is a SAC meeting  at 5:30 pm that will take place in the HELP Center. The meeting will end at 6:30 and is a parent event.

On Tuesday, an Academic Council meeting will be held at 7:30 am in room 255. There will be a Jazz Band concert at 7:00 pm in the auditorium. All of the basketball games being played on this day are taking place at CHS and will be played against Rampart High School. The girls JV game will be in the Auxiliary Gym and will start at 4:00 p.m.The girls Varsity game is in the main gym and starts at 5:30 p.m. The girls C-Team Game will start at 7:00 p.m. and take place in the Auxiliary Gym.The boys JV Game will start at 4:00 p.m. and take place in the main gym. The boys Varsity game is in the main gym and will start at 5:30 p.m.The boys C-Team game will occur in the Auxiliary gym and starts at 5:30 p.m

Wednesday’s Coffee with a Cop will be occurring in the auditorium lobby starting at 7:30 a.m. There is a film club meeting after school beginning at 3:00 in the choir room. CU Platinum Public Speaking takes place from 4:30 to 7:15 in Room 255 and students need to have their Colorado Coffee Merchant fundraiser forms turned in on this day. The only sports-related event happening on this day is a Varsity Ice Hockey Game against Palmer. It will be held at the Sertich Ice Center and will start at 9:35 p.m.

Thursday is Valentine’s Day! Spend the day with loved ones, whoever they may be. Keep in mind that despite the festivities being held on this day, students should still make smart choices about how they behave. In addition to this, there will be a Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble concert on Thursday. It starts at 7:00 p.m. and will be held in the auditorium. There is also a Varsity Ice Hockey Game against Mullen starting at 2:30 p.m. It will be located at the East Edge Ice Arena.

On Friday, there is a Cougar Coffee House in the auditorium that will begin at 6:30 p.m. All six of the basketball games will be against Pine Creek High School and they will all take place at Coronado.All of the girls basketball games will occur in the main gym and all of the boys basketball games are located in the auxiliary gym. The girls and boys JV games will both start at 4:00 p.m. The girls varsity game and boys C-Team game will begin at 5:30 p.m. The boys varsity game and the girls C-Team game will begin at 7:00 on this day. There is a Climbing Club meeting at the Springs Climbing Center occurring and a Varsity Wrestling Regional Tournament. The Wrestling Tournament will be against Lewis Palmer and will be located at Lewis Palmer High School at 3:00 p.m. On Saturday, there is a Robotics Scrimmage being held in the main gym. There is also a Varsity Wrestling Regional Tournament against Lewis Palmer; it will be located at Lewis Palmer High School and begins at 8:00 a.m.

Hopefully this article will help students, staff, and families navigate through their lives a little easier this week. Best of luck to all the people involved in the massive amount of school events coming their way. Take this opportunity to support Coronado and enjoy the upcoming week!