Cougars in the Crowd: Bekah Redinger Breaks the Mold!

Bekah Redinger is taking senior year head-on, and is showing great potential!

Mohss Elaine, Staff Writer

The end of the 2018-2019 school year is fast approaching, which means that our memorable seniors are getting ready to pack their bags and move on to the next chapter of their lives! Whether it is moving away to college, starting a new job, or anything that speaks to them most sincerely, we are (though reluctantly) glad to see them going onto greater things!

Though we will miss them greatly, we are hopeful to see their plans come to fruition. Bekah Redinger, is well onto the path of becoming a full-fledged adult, and is pursuing education first and foremost.

“I’m definitely really stressed about the workload: AP tests, signing up for college registration, it feels like there’s a lot of things happening, but at the same time I’m really on the edge of my seat to get them all done so I can finish the end of high school! I want to get started on what kind of feels like the rest of my school career.”

Bekah is working extremely hard to make sure they can get the education and degree they want. “I have two english classes this semester so that I can get college credit for the English degree that I’ll be pursuing. Beyond that, getting ready for actual college things, I have to find a way to register for my classes for next year at the University of Montana. I want to get everything finalized credit wise, and graduate. I’ll be taking a class in Montana over the summer.”

Bekah is, as many may know, very well-versed in the world of writing, and is going on to spread their knowledge through teaching.

“I want an English degree with a double focus in creative writing and English education. I want to be an English teacher! Then, I think it would be really cool to come back and teach at Coronado, and continue on the legacy of teachers that have done that.”

Being at Coronado for all four years, Bekah has been able to get the most out of our great high school, and has introspectively watched themselves grow and change into the wonderful person they are now. “Coronado has challenged me and shaped me in a lot of ways, and making new friends and learning who I am through that and learning what my strengths are academically and what I want to pursue in the future. I feel like a lot of it has gotten me ready for the rest of my life.”

As a graduating senior, Bekah has learned so much about themselves, especially how to make themselves the best they can be. “I would say to myself don’t waste time trying to make other people accept you, and join more clubs! Though I don’t know what I would’ve joined, but I think that would’ve gotten me much more confident from the start.”

In regards to giving one grad, final send-off to Coronado, Bekah had this to say-

“Ask me in May.”

Bekah, along with many other amazing seniors, will be saying their goodbyes this summer, so be sure to make sure all your senior friends know how much you’ll miss them, and give them the best spring of their high school career!