Stellar Athletes and Signings

Coronado has six athletic college signings this year

Gracie Nowlan, Staff Writer

A huge congratulations goes out to Coronado’s six athletic college signings that occured on April 17th. Mia Shaeffer is on her way to the University of San Diego for her talent and hard work with swimming as she is going to be a D1 athlete. Beau Chauvin and Bryce McKee both signed for baseball with Chauvin going to Trinidad State JC (NJCAA), and McKee straying not too far from home at UCCS (D2). For volleyball, Lacey Redinger is heading out of state to Saint Johns River State College (NJCAA). Madeline Morland is leaving for her D3 signing to Lake Forest College in Illinois for cross country and track. Lastly, KJ Kearns, with D2 wrestling will be attending the Colorado School of Mines.

These amazing athletes have worked incredibly hard to get to where they are today, and Mia Shaeffer, as Coronado’s one D1 athlete, is excited to start a new chapter in her athletic and academic journey. Mia Shaeffer has been swimming since she was ten, so it came as no surprise when she had various recruiting trips and college visits in her schedule. The University of San Diego was not originally Mia’s top choice because she kept her mind open as she was making her visits but, “[she] is really just looking forward to being a part of the team and when [she] went there all the girls were really nice and super welcoming. [Mia] is looking forward to training with them, competing with them, and competing for the school and just having a good time.” The school’s great academics, swim team, and beautiful campus was enough for Mia to sign with the UCSD as she embarks on yet another amazing swim journey.

Remember to congratulate these incredible athletes and wish them luck at college!