Cougar Classic: The Results Are In!

Burke Babeu

Taylor Dutton (in red) negotiates her way through the sea of humanity that is the start of the Cougar Classic Cross Country Invitational. Each team of nine runners is only allowed a space three feet wide through which all of the runners must pass. Elbows and punches are commonplace in the ‘non-contact’ sport.

Aidan Janney, Staff Writer

The results are in! This past week the Coronado Cougar Classic was a huge success, with over 2,000 runners and more than 20 schools participating in this massive event. Coronado placed fifth overall for the Division I Boys and tenth overall for Division I Girls. The results are in for both the boys and girls varsity races, Coronado showed up multiple times in the top twenty.

Division I Boys:

Courtesy of MileSplit

Division II Girls

Courtesy of MileSplit

Coronado’s very own Zinabu Engstrom(10), Ben Hayes-Lemmon(12), and Grace Abernethy(12) placed in the top twenty for the meet. All of the teams had a great turnout and ran well. Thank you to all of the parents and students who helped organize and run the meet, as well as the great Coronado Cross Country coaches who make this meet happen every year. The Cougar Classic is one of the biggest events that Coronado puts on all year, come out next year and support our amazing runners!