The Gender/Sexuality Alliance Stands With You!

Mohss Elaine, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Coronado has a variety of wonderful, talented people that need a space to belong. Regardless of any aspect of identity, we just want to be accepted. That’s why Coronado offers the Gender/Sexuality Alliance!

The Gender/Sexuality Alliance, known typically as the GSA, is an organization that is made to foster the lives of marginalized identities, as well as respectful allies who want to join the cause. We try our hardest to foster creativity, love, and respect.

As president, I believe that the club is majorly important. It serves to be an area where kids who need space from their busy lives and unfortunate circumstances to just breathe. I have been a member of the club since Freshman year, and it has become a soft spot in my heart.

One issue the club is coming up with, however, is the number of members coming to each meeting. We want to give people an environment that allows them to speak about issues regarding their identities, talk through problems, enlighten others, and most importantly support each other through and through.

There has been a common misconception about the GSA, which is that the club is only for LGBT+ people, no one else. This couldn’t be further from the truth! Regardless of the name, we want to shine a light on all parts of Coronado, it just so happens that we foster the lives of LGBT+ people commonly.

In short, we want you here!

That being said, the GSA meets on Wednesdays from 3-4 PM in room 214. We want to support you.