First Wrestling Dual of the Season a Success!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Elle Freer, Staff Writer

On Wednesday, December 3rd,Coronado’s Varsity and JV Wrestling Teams competed in their first dual of the season against Castle View High School. Our team won by a landslide and started the season off with a bang!

Angel Flores, 12, was a COS Metro League Champion during last season and started off this season with a great win, which “feels good” and “makes [him] feel like [he is] ready for [anyone] else [he has] to wrestle. At the dual, “the team looked good” and was “hyping each other” up like a family. Angel sees himself taking top five at state and having a great senior season!

Edward Hidalgo,11, said at Wednesday’s duel “the team looked really good” and “everyone was getting on the right track.” For him, starting the season off with a win was a great momentum starter and he predicts “future state champs on the team.”

Our wrestlers predict an amazing and very successful 2019-2020 season and it’s one you will not want to miss!

The Varsity Colorado Christmas Tournament is December 20-21 at UNC Greeley at 1:00 P.M. on Friday and 8:00 A.M. on Saturday. The next home dual is Wednesday, February 5th, in the main gym against Fountain-Fort Carson with JV at 6:00 P.M. and varsity at 7:00 P.M. Make sure to stop by these events to support your cougars and watch some great Coronado wrestling!