The Registration Extravaganza Has Returned

It is time to start thinking about the upcoming school year once again.

Raven Sanchez, Editor-In-Chief

It may just be the beginning of second semester, but the time has come once again for students to register for the next school year! Many students may be wondering when this is going to take place, and they may even be thinking about how their younger siblings are going to prepare for high school. Luckily for the students who are going to be registering, Coronado’s incredible counselors are able to help!

The future Freshmen of Coronado and parents that have not had a Coronado student yet will find this task the most difficult; the good news is that keeping the following dates in mind will make registration a little easier.

Coronado Counselors will be visiting different middle schools on different days; here are those dates:

Holmes Orientation: Thurs., January 16
Course Requests Due: Thurs., January 23
West Orientation: Fri., January 17
Course Requests Due: Wed., January 22
Russell Orientation & Course Requests Due: Wed., January 22

During this time, these students will be lead through the registration process and given all their registration paperwork. Make sure to take some time to look over all the options and go into it with a relaxed mindset; doing so will make the process much less stressful and much easier. Make sure to get all requests in by the due dates above as well.

For returning Coronado students, registration materials will be handed out on February 5th. Make sure to have any course requests done by February 10th. After this date, students will be meeting with the counselors by class to input their requests.

If anyone registering for classes for the 2020-2021 school year has questions about registration after receiving the materials, it is best to call the counseling center. The counselors will be very busy during this time and can get back to those with questions when convenient if contacted by phone.

Registration can be an overwhelming and tricky task at times, but CHS’s counselors are here to help and all of the paperwork received will guide students in the right direction. Good luck to all of the new and returning students with registering. This next school year is already shaping up to be a great one!