Testing…1…2…3…

Here are all the PSAT, SAT, and ACT announcements students need to know at this point in the year.

Testing...1...2...3...

Raven Sanchez, Editor-In-Chief

It seems like testing dates for the PSAT, ACT, and SAT are frequent at Coronado High School, but there are numerous dates throughout the school year because these tests are extremely helpful. Colleges are starting to stray away from using test scores, but there are still some that require them. Some colleges require certain scores on certain tests, and those who do not offer an optional opportunity to do so. Many scholarships ask for test scores, and they can give students more of a chance at earning them in some cases. Long story short, these tests are worth taking no matter what.

All students are given numerous opportunities to get the score they want after taking the initial test as a class. There are a few testing dates this semester that students should be aware of:

1.Those who registered for the ACT on January 10th will be taking it on February 8th.
2.There will be a SAT Prep For The Future Workshop for those taking the SAT this year. This workshop will be held on March 4th and 5th.
3.There will also be an ACT Prep For The Future Workshop on March 11th and 12th.

Both of these events cost $79.00 and will take place from 3:15 to 5:45 here at Coronado. They also must be registered for using a specific link that can be found at the bottom of this article. If students are unsure of which workshop would be best for them to take they can talk to their counselor.

4.There will be a chance to take the SAT on March 14th, and students must register for it by February 14th in order to take it.
5.Students can take the ACT on April 4th and must register by February 28th.
6.All Juniors must take the SAT on April 14th!
7.All Freshmen and Sophomores must take the PSAT on April 15th!
8.There will be another opportunity to take the SAT on May 2nd, and those planning on taking it should register by April 3rd.
9.An ACT opportunity will be available to students on June 13th and must be registered for by May 8th.

Those taking the SAT and ACT must register using the links at the bottom of this article if they are not taking them with the rest of their graduating class on the initial testing day. The counselors will help students who are taking one of these tests to register with the rest of their class. They are also available to answer questions if any come up.

These tests may seem overwhelming and stressful, but the benefits they bring are worth the extra effort. Good luck to everyone who is taking one of these tests this semester!

To register for the workshops: www.prepforthefuture.com
To register for the SAT: www.collegeboard.org
To register for the ACT:www.actstudent.org