Another Strong Match for Girls Tennis

The girls tennis team fights hard against Lewis Palmer and gives the Cougars confidence for the future.

The girls varsity tennis team after competing at Lewis Palmer

Conor Strizich, Staff Writer

On 3/16 girls tennis competed at Lewis Palmer, and although they lost 2-5, their team appears to be constructed very well.  Despite the loss, all of the girls fought well, and a few matches came down to close tie-breakers.

Senior Logan Baumberger and sophomore Connie Sun won their #3 doubles match 6-1 in the first set, and 6-3 in the second.  Juniors Maya Glaser and Clara Thompson came out with another win this week as a #4 doubles team, beating their opponents 6-2 in a tiebreaker.  The other doubles teams lost in close and competitive matches, and our singles players could not pull out a win despite their outstanding performances.  

“This match was an important one, it gave us an idea of how much we need to improve before Regionals when we see Lewis Palmer again.  We are a pretty athletic team and I have no doubt that Coach Philipsen will give us what we need to be able to make it to state” says Baumberger.  

All of the varsity tennis players keep a positive mind and always look to improve in the future.  This mindset is a key component for the success of the team.  The Cougars have started the season off strong, improving every week as they fight for wins that will give them confidence for Regionals.  Come support them at their next home game on 4/5 against Liberty at 3:45.  Go Cougars!