Veterans Day Assembly

Tiffany Jacquez, Staff Writer

Veterans day is a day dedicated to appreciating the honor and sacrifices of those who have been or are currently serving in the military. This day, originally called Armistice day, celebrating the armistice of World War I, has been deeply embedded into the United State’s history and culture.  Coronado has taken time to show the students and staff’s appreciation for the soldiers who serve in the name of freedom. A Veterans Day assembly was held in the auditorium.

The assembly included official military ceremonies, such as the presenting of the colors, a video including pictures and footage of military members and their loved ones  and special guest speakers who have served in the military.

For many students the slide show had a great emotional effect on them.“The slide show was touching. I thought it was a great tribute to the people who serve our country. The guest speakers gave a lot of insight to the veteran life,’’said Connie Sun, 9.

“The slideshow was sad, but all in all incredibly beautiful,”said Molly Siccerillo, 9.

The assembly featured special guest speakers. World War II and Vietnam War heroes spoke of their experience entering and leaving the military. A Coronado graduate was even part of the group of veterans. He spoke of his last time being in the auditorium reminiscently. Overall, the atmosphere of the auditorium was both humorous and nostalgic.

The national pride of the guest speakers was practically emanating off of them. The veterans served a great reminder of the importance of acknowledging the sacrifices that were made in order to ensure every citizen’s freedom. The experience was both enlightening and  lovely.