Boys Track Places Third In the Metro League Championship

Senior Michel Swanson will take his talents to the State Competition in the 4×800 relay along with fellow seniors Nic Vai and Gerrit Ralston and sophomore Conor Strizich.

Garrett Cichello, Staff Writer

Last week, the Boys varsity track team competed at the Metro League championship. The team did very well, ending their season with a third place win. The team had many star athletes that performed incredibly well throughout their season.
Justin Dwinell, 10, did awesomely, finishing in fourth place in the 100 meter dash as well as the 200 meter dash. Marquis Arrington, 12, also fantastic, running the 100 meter dash, and placing fifth place. Eli Stauffer, 12, placed third in the 400 meter dash. Michel Swanson, 12, and Gerrit Ralston, 12, came in first and second place in the 800 meter run. Jaydon Lewis, 11, came in third place for the high jump, and Carver Engstrom, 11, came in 3rd place for the pole vault. Joey Callan, 11, placed second in the triple jump.
Justin Dwinell, a sophomore on the team shared his views on track and field and what it has done for him. “It felt good [to place so well] and we worked really hard all season and that really transferred over.” When asked how track impacts his achedemic life, he said,” Track makes me keep my grades up so I have to work hard in school”.
Justin Dwinell is one of the many star athletes on the Coronado Track team, and we expect to see more amazing performances from Justin.
Congratulations to all of the athletes who competed in this year’s track and field season. The entire team did very well throughout the season and it paid off, with the boy’s varsity track team bringing home a 3rd place win. Congratulations to all of the boys track team members