C-C’s in the House!

Shea Ward, Staff Writer

Coronado Cheer is back at it again, and they are ready to show all around enthusiasm this year! The team will be cheering at most Varsity sporting events this year, tumbling, rallying the crowd, and moving us “Onward to Victory!”
They hope to get more involved with school events this year, and aspire to maintain their sturdy fellowship.
“Since it’s only my first year cheering, it’s a huge relief that all the girls are welcoming and supportive. The team as a whole is very connected, and I think that we can make a lot of progress this year. I’m looking forward to cheering at all the sporting events. We won’t be training to compete this year, so I’m hopeful that being a cheerleader will help me get more involved this school year.” Said Mercedez Rocha, 10th.
The team had to say goodbye to a few seniors, but they are no less of a team than they were last year.

“I am very confident in the comradery of the team season! The girls are all helpful and kind to one another. They are able to always put their differences aside to work together as a team. That is extremely important to our program.” Said the head cheer team coach, Morgan Riggen.

The team will not be going to competition this year. While that is very unfortunate, it does mean they will be able to fulfil the promise of involvement this year!
“The team will not be competing this coming season. We will be putting more focus into being involved in the other sporting events and supporting the school as a whole.” said Coach Riggen.

The 2016-2017 cheerleaders include: Seniors Marley Thomas, Madison Velazquez, Isabel Perkins, Iliana Noss, and Kira Baruth.
Juniors Jillian Shea, Piper Collins, Gabby Hemphill, Alexa Gallegos, and Angelina Larson.
Sophomores Miranda Marquez, Mercedez Rocha, Dulce Peacock, and Ania Sacket.
Freshmen Isabelle Hirigoyen, Natalie Rieck and , Bethany Wood.
Here we go cougars, here we go!