Charging Into Homecoming Week

Grace Abernethy, Staff Writer

Itching to put on your dancing shoes? Ready for red and gold? Homecoming Week is coming up fast, and the first festivities start on September 19. There are many opportunities to show your spirit this year, with an option for everyone. Though the week culminates with the traditional football game, parade and dance, all of the Cougar sports teams seem to be getting into the spirit, as well. Come support last year’s State Championship runner-up boy’s golf team and returning 5th place in state teams, Cross Country and Volleyball, as they host competitions of their own.

Monday, September 19:

The week kicks off with the Sports Gear Spirit Day on Monday, where you are invited to wear a jersey to show your spirit.

Tuesday, September 20:

Tuesday is the Class Color Spirit Day, with Freshmen in blue, Sophomores in green, Juniors in white, and Seniors in black.

Wednesday, September 21:

Wednesday is Tie Dye Day, the perfect way to show your groovy true colors. The Powder Puff Football Game kicks off at 5:30 pm on the Coronado Football Field with Junior and Senior girls battling it out for supreme bragging rights.

Thursday, September 22:

The most important spirit day of all, show your Cougar spirit with Madd Red and Gold Day, decked out in all of your Coronado gear, followed by a bonfire on the track at 7:30 pm with favorable weather. Before the fire, head on down to MVP to support the Cougars in one of the biggest events the school puts on, the Cougar Classic Cross Country Invitational with over 35 teams and 1800 athletes competing.

Friday, September 23:

With no school on Friday, come support Varsity football at Garry Barry Stadium at 7pm.

Saturday, September 24:

Before the parade on Saturday, start your morning with the pancake breakfast at 8:30 am in Old Colorado City in Bancroft Park. Then, check out the Homecoming Parade that goes down West Colorado Avenue. Ongoing sports and clubs from Coronado will walk in the parade. The finale of Homecoming Week, the Homecoming Starry Night Dance  is from 8-11 in the Coronado Gym.