Boss Bash Begins Bomb School Year

Boss Bash Begins Bomb School Year

Shea Ward, Staff Writer

The annual Back to School Bash was held last Thursday, September 1st, where, through the night, students of all grades came to celebrate the start of the year. There were clubs, old and new, recruiting students and trying to get more people involved.

“It was actually good to see a lot of freshmen come to the bash to get involved. There was a lot of school spirit, the cheer team was there, the football team was there, and there were booths for people representing their clubs. FCCLA was giving out food, so I went and checked out what that club has to offer. The bash made me pretty excited for the year, I hope that we can continue to show school spirit like that year round,” said Isabelle Wilson, 10.

As the sun went down the music got louder and more and more people began to let loose on the makeshift dance floor. There were also stunning lip syncing renditions of “Fergalicious” by Fergie, and “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey. The whole robotics team did the “Hustle” and the entire cheer team joined in on “ The Cha Cha Slide.”

“The bash was pretty chill, and relaxed. It was held all in good fun, no one tried to ruin it or anything. I think it was a very good way to end the week, the music was great, everyone was dancing, a lot of people signed up for clubs. Over all it was very fun, and I hope that there will be more events like to come this year.”said Marlie Groshans, 10.

Even if you missed the bash, there will be plenty of exciting ways to get involved and show your Cougar pride!

Here are some upcoming events:
-Homecoming Spirit Week-starting on September 19th
-Homecoming parade- September 24th on Colorado Ave. going through Old Colorado City
-Homecoming Football game- September 23rd at Gary berry
-Actual Homecoming Dance- September 24th, in the school Gym from 8:00pm-11:00pm
-Mad Red and Gold Fridays