Latin Rhythmic Dance Club

The Dedicated Dancer Jillian Bruno Introduces Her Talents to Coronado

Tiffany Jacquez, Staff Writer

Are you well versed in the art of latin dancing? Well, you don’t have to be to join Jillian Bruno’s new Latin Rhythmic Dance Club. Jillian is new to Colorado Springs and district 11, having only moved here from California two months ago. Jillian, currently a senior here at Coronado, is a skilled professional in both acting and dancing; she has performed in two episodes of Dexter, appeared in movies such as Little Girl Lost, The Delimar Vera Story, and Unthinkable, and has won several dance championships. In addition to talent, Jillian also has Hollywood popularity; she has met tinseltown A-listers such as Samuel L. Jackson.

Jayla Hinton, 11, a recent participant of Latin Rhythmic Dance Club, says “Jillian is a gracious instructor. She is patient when we do not instantly nail down a concept. She adapts to us at any speed. It’s incredibly fun, although I may stumble sometimes.”

After moving to Colorado Springs, Jillian noticed a lack of latin dancing in our community. Following a harrowing search for local latin dance clubs, she realized there were none to be found, and took it into her own hands to share her gift with others. She approached her drama teacher, Mrs. Ambroz, to be her sponsor, and Mrs. Ambroz was gracious enough to do so and even expressed eagerness to learn more about latin dancing from her student.

As stated by Jillian Bruno, “I want to be the one to introduce latin dancing to this school. I think it really will help. An extremely shy girl came to my club at the first meeting and told me her mom wanted her to. I could see how dancing brought her out of her shell.”

The club meets every Thursday at 3:15 in room 305A (Mrs. Ambroz’s green room). For further information contact [email protected]. Latin Rhythmic Dance club is a club for everyone to join, so beginners are welcome!