Cougars Put Up a Good Fight

Despite roster changes, Cougars couldn’t keep up with Fountain Fort Carson.

Abriana Burr, 12, dribbles towards the net and the end of her high school basketball career.

Isabella Janney, Staff Writer

Last Friday, 1/13, the lady Cougars played an away game at Fountain Fort Carson High School, and despite their 25-71 loss, they continue to have a positive mindset as they move forward through the season.

For sophomore Julie Callan, her first varsity game was anything but disappointing. Scoring 6 points and getting 7 rebounds, she proved that she belonged on varsity. Julie admitted, “[playing with varsity] was great! I was a little intimidated, but all in all, it was awesome.”

The Cougars know they need to kick it into gear and start practicing hard to get the results they want. Senior Alese Abitia, said, “we had a rough game Friday with a hard loss…but I think we will bounce back with hard practices this week to be ready for Liberty and Palmer!”

Currently, the Cougars have a 3-10 record overall, and plan on continuing to improve. Senior, Celia Smith, holds the highest amount of points per game at 9.6 and Alese Abitia, 12, comes in a close second with 6.6 points.

Come cheer the Cougars on at their next home game against Palmer on 1/21 at 7 pm!