Men’s Tennis and Women’s Volleyball Rosters Set

Mara Abernethy, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Following several day-long tryout processes, final cuts have been made and the rosters for Coronado’s only “cut” fall sports, men’s tennis and women’s volleyball, are set.

Entering men’s tennis’s 2017-2018 season, both members of last season’s stellar #2 doubles duo, juniors Reilly Fredell and Tucker Travins, have catapulted up the team’s ranking; Fredell beat incumbent #1 Ashton Rogers, 12, to take the top singles spot, and Travins snagged the Cougars’ #3 singles slot. The team brings back varsity returners Grayson Graham, 10, Reagan Bole, 10, and Zach Garcia, 12, for this fall’s campaign.  The full rankings:

1. Reilly Fredell
  2. Ashton Rogers
  3. Tucker Travins
  1. Doubles – Reagan Bole and Grayson Graham
  2. Doubles – Jackson Schaeffer and Noah Enoch
  3. Doubles – Michael Ellis and Will White
  4. Doubles – Zack Garcia and Kai Kraemer

Cougar volleyball enters the 2017-2018 season with a roster essentially identical to that of the 2016-2017 season, graduating a single senior following last year’s campaign. The team boasts plenty of experience, carrying 11 upperclassmen, seven of whom have lettered for at least three years. Even the team’s single underclassman has varsity experience, sophomore Anna Griffin returning to the Cougars’ first squad after having lettered last year at the 5A State tournament. On the 2017-2018 roster are Mallory Brown, 12, Lacey Redinger, 11, Cami Nelson, 12, Ashlynn Garcia, 12, Bethany Heitland, 12, Morgan Darnall, 12, Mara Abernethy, 12, Jaelyn Hershberger, 12, Delaney St. Pierre, 12, Valerie Harvey, 12, Mya Rooke, 11, and Anna Griffin, 10.

Best of luck this season to men’s tennis, women’s volleyball, and all of Coronado’s fall sports teams.