See a Film with the French Club!

Coronado French Club plans to engage students in 2017-2018

French Club president Moira Grady, 11, looks forward to sharing the club’s activities with the student body.

David Sicurello, El Cougar Diario Editor

Are you an enthusiastic French language student? Do you appreciate French culture and cuisine, or just want to visit Paris some day? Ms. Holmes wants you in the French Club!

The French Club is planning several activities to share with Coronado French culture and food.

For several years, it has stood at the intersection of French language classes and the extracurricular world of Coronado. Its continued activities include art, cooking, and screenings of popular French movies. All students are welcome to participate, regardless of understanding of the language or of lack thereof. President of the French Club, Moira Grady, 11, invites students to “come to our tables of conversation on Wednesday mornings every few weeks,” where they discuss hobbies and academic life. Every month, the club holds a screening of a popular French film with a French dish, like crepes with The Dinner Game or ratatouille with Ratatouille!

Like the other cultural and language study programs of Coronado, Madame Holmes is planning the semiannual trip to Paris and around France. Grady said of the upcoming trip, “[we] are going to go all around France, trying different foods, experiencing cultures, … the French museums, the Eiffel Tower, Versailles, everywhere.”

The French Club will be screening the French comedy La Boum with ice cream puffs in Ms. Holmes’s Room 401 at 3:15 P.M. on 10/24.