9 Tips to Get That Grade up

Roman Sorrels, Staff Writer

There’s only a few weeks left in the first semester, and for those of you that a 89% just won’t do, here is some ways to get that last 1%.

1. Ask your Teacher

It never hurts to ask, and you’ll never know if you don’t. Although many teachers will not want to help without extra work, some can get you that one last test retake, extra credit or some extra help on the upcoming final.

2. Don’t Beg for Forgiveness

Take charge, do your work, and most importantly take responsibility for your grade. Very few things will annoy a teacher more than whining about your decisions, and if you appear you as responsible they will be more likely to help you out when crunch time comes.

3. Late credit

Throughout the year there will always be some worksheets missed or forgotten, make sure to go through your Q and see what your missing. Nothing is worse for your grade than missed assignments.

4. Finish Strong

The last few weeks will still have plenty of homework and worksheets to be done. 100% on each of those can save you grade. So make sure to put in the effort and do your very best on every assignment big or small, even though the last weeks often feel hardest.

5. Extra Credit

Not all classes will offer this but it’s always worth a try. You’ll most likely have to work for it, but when you need those last few points you had better get it done, and extra credit points can often make a shockingly large difference.

6. Participation and Attendance

Teachers tend to be more willing to help if you are putting in a true effort, so be sure to put in extra effort to show up on time, prepared, and ready to work.

7. Using Late Passes

Some teachers do offer extra credit for passes, turn them in for those extra points, or use them with past papers or homework that you forgot over break, especially with big missed assignments which act like an anchor on your grade.

8. Test Retakes

Adding on to #1, see what you can redo, and get those lows to highs quick. Tests can often mean the difference between an A and a B. It’s never hurts to do some quiz corrections or retake it entirely.

9. Finals

Study, Study, Study, getting that last big grade as high as you can will make a substantial difference.. Plenty of students this time of year will be going online to calculate how much the final could affect their grade. Make sure to review your notes and textbooks to ace the last tests of 2017.

All in all, working hard will make the biggest difference. Now is crunch time so put your head down and get to work cougars!