Cougars Overpowered by Pine Creek on Senior Night.

Dylan Kleckner, Staff Writer

The Lady Cougars took on the Pine Creek Eagles on senior night. Before the game, the fans, teams, coaches, and parents all gathered to celebrate the seniors that have dedicated the past four years to the volleyball program. Lacey Redinger, Kailey Standley, Becca Rugg and Mya Rooke were all praised for their hard work, passion, time and dedication to the program. Unfortunately the outcome was not what they wanted, losing against Pine Creek. The Cougars came out firing, with an impressive attack on display they took the first set 25-21. Pine Creek would not be down for long as they took the second match 25-22.  The Cougars came out strong in the third set, however Pine Creek’s impressive defense was the deciding factor in this set allowing them to catch up and win with a score of 25-22. The fourth set was as intense and entertaining as they come, both teams playing incredible defense and offense but Pine Creek was able to get the final say, winning the fourth set 25-22, and taking down the Cougars 3 games to 1.

Makayla Brown, 10, played a key role vs Pine Creek after senior Lacey Redinger was forced to sit out due to an injury. We sat down and asked Makayla Brown how she felt about the season and her attitude towards next season.“We have progressed very well throughout the season and have gotten a lot better since the beginning of the season.”She said she very proud of the team’s performances throughout the season. Despite losing 4 seniors and the main core of leadership, she feels optimistic about the future. “I believe in this team, we can be just as good or even better. The seniors played a huge role in leadership and setting up a good foundation, but we have a lot of sophomores who now have a year of varsity experience under their belt.” The Cougars have one game left at Palmer Ridge, before playing their last game they will finish with a record of 8-11.