CHS Students: Get Wired Up For Pizza!

20% of any MOD Pizza purchase during this fundraiser will go towards our talented robotics team!

Coronados+robotics+team%2C+Cougars+Gone+Wired%2C+is+set+to+host+the+

Coronado’s robotics team, Cougars Gone Wired, is set to host the

Raven Sanchez, Staff Writer

Cougars Gone Wired is holding a fundraiser on Tuesday, January 29th at MOD Pizza in hopes that Coronado students will come and support their act to obtain lower competition costs. The team is currently in the middle of their six week building and award application period in preparation for the competition to come.

The club plans on attending two regional competitions upon completion of their building period this year. Their hope is to qualify for the championships in Houston, Texas. In order for all of the members to attend this event, the team needs as much support and pizza purchases from students as possible.

Carli Kassner, the CFO of Cougars Gone Wired, has one major goal in mind when it comes to the upcoming fundraiser; she wants to see as much support as possible from her peers. “We are hoping to see a good turn out from friends, family, and members of Coronado there to support the D11 robotics team,” Kassner stated.

Not only are students encouraged to come to MOD Pizza on the 29th, Cougars Gone Wired encourages students to join robotics. The team is highly involved in events both robotics related and school related. They promote learning that focuses more on the usage of STEM learning methods and how they apply to The World. Not only this, but robotics is a varsity sport and a tight-knit community; Kassner believes that Cougars Gone Wired is a club where everyone is welcome and there is more to the word team than just a group of people. “Robotics gives many students a fun and creative outlet to participate in a team and be part of a family at school,” Kassner explained.

The fundraiser will occur from 4:00pm to 8:00pm at the MOD Pizza located at 7447 N. Academy Blvd. If students want to support Cougars Gone Wired even further, they can join them and many other teams at the Pre-Ship Scrimmage on February 16th. The scrimmage will take place in Coronado’s main gym and will be a major opportunity for robotics teams everywhere to participate in.

The team is currently building their full scale model robot and the field that must go with it; the Pre-Ship Scrimmage is where they will put their hard work to the test. “Teams from all over come down and we set up our field in the gym and hold small competitions so teams can test their robots and work out mechanical issues before actual competition,” Kassner claimed.

Students have the ability to attend both the upcoming fundraiser and the scrimmage, and Cougars Gone Wired needs all of the support they can get during this busy time; best of luck to all of the members of Cougars Gone Wired in all of their activities to come!