Catching Up With Brycen Sherr

Taylor Aguilera, Staff Writer

Boys basketball has been having a great season, working really hard and ready to make new strides for this year’s season. We caught up with Brysen Scherr to ask him a few questions about the last season of his Coronado basketball career!

Brycen Scherr is one senior player’ for Coronado’s team and has been working very hard to reach new heights in his athletic career. It’s been something that started off taking my mind off things and ever since that I have loved playing the game.

“I have been playing for all four years at Coronado. I feel like I’ve grown a lot in maturity. Over leading the team and knowing what to do when someone is down. I think I’ve grown a lot in areas like that. I’m not quite sure what the score was but it was pretty close. It was a hard game, I think we could have played a little harder, done some stuff better. But it is what it is I guess.”

Regardless of what team you’re or how much you win, you are bound to have setbacks.

“We were playing pretty good but we did have some mistakes that we need to change to win our future games. We weren’t playing too well last week. We lost a couple of games. I think that really brought us down in certain areas.”

Despite some setbacks, the team is working hard to improve in areas.

“We’re pretty close. We are playing more as a team and being a captain helps because I am able to help people. We are talking more on and off the court. I have learned communication skills because I have been on different teams with new people. New social skills because you have to talk constantly on and off the court with your teammates. That can help with jobs, meeting new people, having to be a leader. Having to know when you have to keep going and not give up.

We were playing pretty good but we did have some mistakes that we need to change to win our future games. We weren’t playing too well last week. We lost a couple of games. I think that really brought us down in certain areas.

Captain of the basketball team, Brycen looks to the rest of his senior year in Coronado’s team. With the belief that the team can pick lead in some games and land themselves into the play-offs.

“ I think it’s always hard to let go of something that you love but I think it would be good for me to move on in the future. It’s just something I need to do to move on in life, it’s helped me grow as a young man a lot. High School sports do that for all kids and it helps you to become.”

We hope that Brycen has a great time playing the rest of his senior year and that the basketball team wins the season. Go Cougars!