Providing Your Own Kit For COVID-19 At School

Health should be the main priority, as we are doing in person learning this week during COVID-19

Nyla Fowler, Staff Writer

Students and teachers have been trying to stay clean as we start in person learning, for example. Wiping down your desk and providing cleaning supplies for all the students encountered every class period. What would be the most helpful for the school is by all the students providing their own kit of their own cleaning supplies. Some students may disagree or agree, I’m sure Teachers and 95% of the students may agree.

Justin Dunn, a student at Coronado, was asked a few questions and his answers were quite helpful about things that students may consider doing. My questions were, *Would you consider bringing your own cleaning supplies for school,?* His response was, “If you can afford it, then yes. If you can’t then no.” Question 2 *Do you have any suggestions on what anyone could bring?* “A mask that doesn’t have any openings. Hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes, And soap.” Question 3 *Do you think this may be necessary? Why or why not* “Yes, it is necessary because I think kids and elderly are not to Amund to the virus, and we need to be safe.” Question 4 *What will you bring?* “Hand sand sanitizer and wipes as well as my mask.” Question 5 *How do you think you would use the restroom?* “By using toilet paper on the seat, or wiping it down.” You can provide your own things, and keep these ideas in mind, just in case you are still cautious about COVID-19 during your classes.

More suggestions include bringing some Lysol spray or carry a small squirt bottle or a spray bottle with a cap if anyone coughs, just in case. There are things you can bring, as long as it’s allowed or you have permission to have your own kit from your parents or guardians. Keeping a protection kit will keep you organized and have everything you need just to be safe, and for the schools budget it will keep it to a regular price for every teacher, for when they provide your cleaning supplies. So however bringing your own kit, does good for everyone, meaning how teachers and our school spend less money when running out of cleaning supplies, and it would be mature and a responsible thing for students to take part in bringing their own cleaning supplies. if you do not feel comfortable with going to school with so little protection for yourself, the safety kit, although not required, is a great option for you!