The Cougar Daily

• Coronado State Testing - April 16, juniors arrive at 7:40 and sophomores at 11:30 - April 17, freshman arrive at 7:40 and juniors arrive at 11:30 for CMAS
  • Coronado band receives $35,000 grant to refurbish their band room
  • Juniors/Sophomores take the SAT/PSAT on April 16th, Freshmen take the PSAT and Juniors take the CMAS on April 17.
  • Space Symposium Happening at the Broadmoor Hotel: Space Companies and Organizations Meet from All Over the World to Display What's Happening in the Space Industry and Collaborate

The Cougar Daily

The Cougar Daily

Polls

What do you call them?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Incubus Headlines at Weidner Field

jmzgrn
Boyd and DJ Kilmore preforming “Stellar”.

Hearing that Incubus was playing in downtown Colorado Springs was such a surprise. The last time they came to Colorado was their 20-year anniversary Morning View Tour at Red Rocks Amphitheater. Knowing they were going to be playing so close to home, friends and family immediately bought tickets. Many locals anticipated seeing Incubus’s 2023 US Tour at Weidner Field.
August 27 was the date of the concert. The doors were supposed to open at 6:30 p.m. but, due to the heavy rainfall, was delayed until 7:30 p.m. It was still pouring rain by the time the opener, Paris Jackson, musician, starting preforming but, her band gave the show a good start. Ms. Jackson and her band played many of their hits as well as “No Rain” by Bad Melon. “It was pouring rain for Paris Jackson’s set, dancing to the rain to her and her band was such a good vibe,” said Sage Ford, 2024 senior. Bad Flower, an alternative rock band, played after Paris Jackson. They were able to hype the crowd up with their performance. There was even a mosh pit that opened in the middle of the floor.
The loud cheers of the crowd filled the stadium when Brandon Boyd, singer, appeared on the stage alongside the rest of Incubus. They opened with Magic Medicine off the SCIENCE album which was another surprise, as they rarely play any songs off that album. Throughout their set, they had a screen on stage projecting striking effects that complimented the music magnificently. Incubus’s setlist consisted of many fan favorites such as “Anna Molly,” “Just a Phase,” “Sick Sad Little World,” “Stellar,” “Drive” and more. There was a total of 18 songs played during their set. “It was a beautiful moment shared by friends bounded by music they love. The sound was immaculate, and Incubus played every song we could have asked for,” said Joseph Alcon, 2024 senior.
After Ben Kenney, bassist, announced that he was not able to play in Incubus’s 2023 US tour due to brain surgery, Incubus recruited Nicole Row, bassist, to temporarily play with them until Mr. Kenney recovers. Ms. Row is Panic! At The Disco’s former bassist; she played with Brendon Urie, singer, from March of 2018 to January of 2023. Panic!’s disband in January 2023 made time for Nicole to work on other music projects including touring with Incubus.

View Comments (1)