The Cougar Daily

• Coronado State Testing - April 16, juniors arrive at 7:40 and sophomores at 11:30 - April 17, freshman arrive at 7:40 and juniors arrive at 11:30 for CMAS
  • Coronado band receives $35,000 grant to refurbish their band room
  • Juniors/Sophomores take the SAT/PSAT on April 16th, Freshmen take the PSAT and Juniors take the CMAS on April 17.
  • Space Symposium Happening at the Broadmoor Hotel: Space Companies and Organizations Meet from All Over the World to Display What's Happening in the Space Industry and Collaborate

The Cougar Daily

The Cougar Daily

Polls

What do you call them?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

New Classes Scheduled for Coronado High School in the 2024-2025 School Year

Erica Merz
Coronado High School Production of Chicago! Teen Edition

New and exciting classes have made their way to the Coronado 2024-2025 school year catalog. Here’s the rundown on each.

Theater Makeup – Learn the basis of theater makeup, and explore specialized techniques including cuts and bruises, old age, time-period design and so much more!

Film Studies – Analyze novels and films in comparison with author and Hollywood film processes. Decide for yourself which was better, the movie or the book?

Digital Music – Want to work on your DJ skills? Through mixing rhythms, synth waves, percussion beats and melodies create digital music that will rock the house.

These new additions to the Coronado curriculum are meant to expand our amazing existing arts programs and help students develop specialized passions to share in the creative world. Arts not your vibe? Read about our two new social studies and science-based courses.

Biomedical Science – Obtain in depth technical skills while exploring the vast expansion of professions offered in the medical sciences. Practice clinical empathy, analyze outbreak data and medical design and health promotion in a way that transports skills to life and career options.

Sociology – Dive deep into human society and human behavior. What goes on when people work together, or stand apart? Understand societal problems and how to solve them.

Mr. Lobato, Coronado Vice-Principal, explains that these new programs are meant to “translate high school work into real life career-based skills” that will translate well into the real world, and other aspects of student life.

Be sure to ask your counselor when interested in specialized courses and check out the Coronado registration guide on the Coronado High School website at Coronado.d11.org or download the app on Apple iTunes or Google Play Store.