The Cougar Daily

• AP Testing Starts Next Week!
  • Three Coronado Cougars in top 18 for 800m Run in 4A; Xzavier Campos, Parker Davidson, and Eisen Dacus
  • Coronado Wins The Cougar Classic with 99 points!
  • Advanced Acting Showcase moved to May 11th, 2023 @7:00pm

The Cougar Daily

The Cougar Daily

Polls

What do you call them?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Cougars in the Cold

Mavey Tellup
    The Colorado sky over Coronado High School

On Monday September 11, 2023, students at Coronado are starting to feel the morning cold, as students walked and waited for busses or at school, some shivered and shook. As Victoria Reynolds’, Class of 2027, teeth chittered, she said, “Walking to the busses are not really fun especially when it’s cold out the weather limits some fashion choices. It makes me super cold so much that I get a little upset since the cold can ruin my mood.”

Aiyana Weller, Class of 2027 said, “I think waiting for the bus in cold weather is absolutely miserable, and the bus is just as cold. The limits weather puts on fashion definitely can annoy me.” Winter fashion can be cute, but when one has a nice outfit planned and it is too cold out can always be a hassle for teenage life. Brooklynn Lewis, Class of 2027 stated, “I’m not too fond of the cold effecting fashion. When I want to wear a crop top or tank top I bought its way too cold out is a huge bummer.”

Though some hate the cold, some people like it! Mr. Gryboski stated, “I like to experience all four seasons, which includes winter. So, yes, I like the cold weather accompanied by snow.” The snow can be joyous and fun, but it could be mucky and wet for some. One may ask when it will start snowing. Well, the first snow fall in Colorado was spotted Monday, September 11, 2023, on Longs Peak at 7:08 a.m.

Longs Peak is 14,259 feet high, Chris Tomer, Pinpoint Weather Meteorologist, states, “This is Peak’s first snow this season!” With cloudy skies and 38-degree weather, hiking will be a chilly activity. With these temperatures in mind, Friday September 22, 2023, there is a 30% chance of snowfall in the afternoon, but there should be mainly sunny skies the rest of the day.

View Comments (1)