The Cougar Daily

• Coronado State Testing - April 16, juniors arrive at 7:40 and sophomores at 11:30 - April 17, freshman arrive at 7:40 and juniors arrive at 11:30 for CMAS
  • Coronado band receives $35,000 grant to refurbish their band room
  • Juniors/Sophomores take the SAT/PSAT on April 16th, Freshmen take the PSAT and Juniors take the CMAS on April 17.
  • Space Symposium Happening at the Broadmoor Hotel: Space Companies and Organizations Meet from All Over the World to Display What's Happening in the Space Industry and Collaborate

The Cougar Daily

The Cougar Daily

Polls

What do you call them?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Everything to know about Market Day!

Market Day is an event happens in the aux only twice a year. Market Day is for students to showcase their own products and sell, getting a taste of the business world. To participate in Market Day, you have to either be registered in Business / Personal Finance / Marketing class or be part of the Business club. This is a great opportunity to learn about marketing and how to promote business. Students are able to put their ideas into their products and display them, also it is a great learning experience, but it is also for both students and faculty.
Ms. Brandt teaches Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Personal Finance and Microsoft Office (Computer Apps). She and Mr. Gryboski manage Market Day. They both work hard to get students involved and motivated for this day. During the semester they teach their students important skills and specific formulas ranging from the Cost of Goods Sold to a projected income statement.
“They take all that information and work so hard to develop a product people will buy. It is great to see students working so hard and having so much fun at the same time. I am so very proud of all my students involved in the Market Days,” Ms. Brandt said. What can we expect on December 8th? Ms. Brandt happily answers, “This coming Market Day is going to be fantastic! We have a lot of food vendors from delicious sandwiches and Mexican food to freeze dried candies, cheesecakes, and layered desserts! We will also have jewelry, stickers, handmade crochet items and other possible Christmas gift items.”
Ingrid Lopez, Class of 2025, gave her point of view as a student who participated in Market Day selling Mexican sweets: “My advice would be don’t be scared. Don’t worry that about anyone else’s products that may be selling more than yours. If you have a positive mindset, you will attract potential customers.”
A positive mindset is all, a win-win state of mind no matter the results. Do not forget to check out Market Day on the 8th to support your classmates’ hard work. Enjoy and have fun on Friday!