“Potty Mouth” Storms the School

How Coronado Is Finding New and Exciting Ways to Deliver News

Tiffany Jacquez, Staff Writer

Many students have taken notice to foreign sheets of paper taped onto their bathroom stalls, what could they be? No, they are not personal sketchpads to illustrate the latest bawdy jokes. The“Potty Mouth” is a new and interesting way The Cougar Daily promises to deliver accessible and nearly-instantaneous news to the student body.

The inception of the idea began last year with Alaina Africano’s  “Be You, But Better” column- a series of articles focused on self-improvement and the overall  well-being of high school students in an often too stressful school environment. The idea branched out from there, and became a separate entity of its own.

“‘Potty Mouth’ originally started last year in my ‘Be You, But Better’ column. Now I work on it on my own time.” Alaina Africano, 12.

There will be a new edition of the“Potty Mouth” out every Tuesday. It will include a list of all important dates and other pieces of significant information, like extracurriculars and athletics, but always promises a good quip or maxim to keep in mind during a test or track meet.

Alaina states that “My endgoal for ‘Potty Mouth’ is for it to be useful; utility and convenience [it’s] the main purpose.”

The Cougar Daily reminds students to note that the vandalization of these papers is unneeded, and surely ruins other students’ chances to gain important information.