The Worst Halloween Movies of All Time

The Worst Halloween Movies of All Time

Shea Ward, Staff Writer

Worst Halloween Movies of All Time

1. Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows: As it follows the twisted path traveled by five original characters, “Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2” journeys into a dark and dangerous place where the line between truth and fiction vanishes. Individual perception grows increasingly untrustworthy as the film’s protagonists find themselves caught in a vortex of unspeakable evil.

1. House of Wax: A group of college friends are on route to a school football game when they wind up with a flat tire in a ghost town. They are forced to seek help in the only place that’s open: the local wax museum. Once inside the spookyand seemingly abandoned building, they find the works on display are not quite what they seem. The group soon discovers it’s being hunted by the insane twin brothers who run the museum

1. The Happening: An apocalyptic threat to humanity arrives out of the clear blue sky with a series of violent, inexplicable deaths spreading across the country. The cause of the terrifying phenomenon remains unknown, prompting science teacher Elliot Moore his wife Alma and his colleague Julian to try to elude the invisible killer in Pennsylvania’s farmland. Soon it becomes clear that no one is safe.

1. Cabin in the Woods: When five friends arrive at a remote forest cabin for a vacation, they are unaware of the horrors that await them. One by one, the youths fall victim to backwoods zombies, but there is another factor at Two scientists are manipulating the ghoulish goings-on, but even as the body count rises, there is yet more at work than meets the eye.

1. Giggles: In 1957, Evan Rendell flees after his father is caught for killing multiple patients in his effort to find a replacement heart for his wife. After 35 years, Evan escapes from a mental institution and returns to town for revenge. When Jennifer and her friends break into the Rendell house out of morbid curiosity, Evan notices Jennifer has a heart condition similar to his mother and decides to make her his final victim.

1. Lawnmower Man: Lawrence Angelo puts his landscaper Jobe Smith on a regimen of experimental pills and computer-simulated training sequences in hopes of augmenting the man’s intelligence. In time Jobe becomes noticeably brighter, but as he develops psychic powers, he realizes that those around him have taken advantage of his simplicity his whole life, and he plots a bloody revenge.

1. Carrie (2013): This remake of the original thriller shows that high school can be tough for many teenagers, especially Carrie White. She is frequently the target of bullies, but has a secret talent: She can make things move with her m One fateful night, a cruel prank at her senior prom pushes her over the edge, and Carrie unleashes her telekinetic powers on all who get in her way.

1. Leprechaun in the Hood: When aspiring hip-hop performers Butch, Postmaster P. and Stray Bullet cross record producer Mack Daddy, their grudge against him leads to their own peril. After they break into Mack Daddy’s home and swipe an ancient medallion from a grotesque statue, the evil Leprechaun is freed from his magical prison. Soon the sinister little man is on the trail of Butch, Postmaster P. and Stray Bullet, along with Mack Daddy himself.

1. Trick ‘R’ Treat: Interconnected stories demonstrate that some traditions are best remembered as the residents of a small town face real ghosts and goblins on Halloween. Tales of terror reveal the consequences of extinguishing a Jack-o-Lantern before midnight and an angry hermit’sencounter with a sinister trick-or-treater.

1. Dreamcatcher: This movie tells the story of four young friends who perform a heroic act — and are changed forever by the powers they gain in return. Years later the friends are on a hunting trip in the Maine woods when they are overtaken by a blizzard in which something much more threatening moves. Challenged to stop an alien force, the friends must first prevent the slaughter of innocent civilians by a military vigilante, then overcome a threat to the bond between them.

1. Anaconda: Filmmaker Terri Flores is traveling deep in the Amazon jungle looking for a forgotten tribe. Terri and her crew, which includes an anthropologist and a cameraman, come across Paul, who is stranded on the riverbank. He offers to help them find the tribe, but his secretive behavior puts everyone on edge. They realize too late that he’s using them to find a legendary anaconda that’s worth a fortune, if they can catch it.

1. Pumpkin Head: After his son dies in a hit-and-run accident, Ed Harley seeks revenge against the teenagers responsible. With the help of a local witch Ed summons the vengeful demon Pumpkinhead to hunt and kill the group of friends. But when Ed discovers a bond between himself and the creature, he begins to have second thoughts about employing the vicious monster, and he fights to end Pumpkinhead’s murderous rampage before it is too late.

1. Ghost Ship: In a remote region of the Bering Sea, a boat salvage crew discovers the eerie remains of a grand passenger liner thought lost for more than 40 years. But once onboard the eerie, cavernous ship, the crew of the Arctic Warrior discovers that the decaying vessel is anything but deserted. It’s home to something more deadly and horrific than anything they’ve encountered in all their years at sea.

1. Ouija: Following the sudden death of her best friend Laine finds an antique Ouija board in her room and tries to use it to say goodbye. Instead, she makes contact with a spirit that calls itself DZ. As strange events begin to occur, Laine enlists the help of her friends to determine DZ’s identity andwhat it wants. As the friends delve deeper, they find that Debbie’s mysterious death was not unique, and that they will suffer the same fate unless they learn how to close the portal they’ve opened.