Mock Trial Argues Their Way to State!

Abby+Bean%2C+12%2C+Noah+Durrance%2C+10%2C+Sierra+Meisner%2C+10%2C+and+Rachel+Wilsey%2C+12%2C+being+sworn+in+before+the+judge+at+their+competition.+

Abby Bean, 12, Noah Durrance, 10, Sierra Meisner, 10, and Rachel Wilsey, 12, being sworn in before the judge at their competition.

Isabella Janney, Staff Writer

Congrats to the Cougars Mock Trial team who competed this past weekend and made it to the state competitions! They won all of their matches and ended the weekend with an impressive 3-0 record.

The excitement still isn’t over! Although the Cougars have a guaranteed spot at state, they are still tied with Palmer, and will compete against them to break the tie and determine the winner of Regionals.

Says sophomore Sierra Meisner, “I still can’t believe we made it this far! For only having half a team this year and having a lot of our practices being cut due to snow days, it’s just amazing to see how we came together and how we’ve bonded over the past half a year.”

After their Regional Final match, the Cougars have a three week break to prepare for State. Says Senior Abby Bean, “We’re going to practice three times a week and cover everything that we’ve done; really working on objections, making sure everything is memorized, and trying to solidify everything before State.”

The Cougars’ final match before State takes place tomorrow night, 2/7, against rival, Palmer at 6 pm at the Pioneer Museum. The Cougars have faced Palmer in the final 6 years in a row, but haven’t won for 4 years. Let’s go support our mock trial team!