Be-wear of Halloween Attire

Wear something to die for this Halloween!

Be-wear of Halloween Attire

Raven Sanchez, Staff Writer

Halloween is on a Wednesday this year, which means that we will be at school for most of that day. Students are not allowed to wear costumes or parts of costumes to school on this day. However, that does not mean that students cannot dress in a festive manner.

Facepaint may not be allowed at school on Halloween, but regular makeup is. For students who do wear everyday makeup, putting a festive twist on ordinary makeup is a fantastic way to celebrate. Orange, purple, green, and black are the typical Halloween colors, so using those colors as the basis for a makeup look can express a student’s love of Halloween very well. For students who have a Pinterest account or an Instagram account, it is easy to find Halloween-influenced makeup that is school appropriate. Those that do not have social media may find that a simple google search can provide more reasonably festive makeup than is realistically imaginable.

Costumes and costume accessories may be prohibited on school grounds, but there are still many facets for students to explore when it comes to Halloween attire. Halloween themed fashion is everywhere at this time of year. Finding affordable, reasonable, and attractive-looking Halloween garb is a breeze.

DIY is something that many students are passionate about, and there are plenty of ideas for those talented individuals who want to make their own festive clothing. Pinterest and Youtube tend to flourish with DIY tutorials during the holidays, so finding one to suit an individual’s style is always an option.

Students may not be able to wear wigs, but natural hair is much more versatile. Students can try a hairstyle that they have not done before and change up their looks just for Halloween; Halloween is a time for people to be someone they are not in the most enjoyable way possible, so students that choose to do their hair in a style that is unlike their own may just feel like they are wearing a costume.  A classy hairstyle can add an air of maturity to a playful, pumpkin-packed outfit. A simple hairdo, with or without a cute hair accessory, is also perfect for fall festivities.

Costume accessories and props might not be acceptable, but there are many approaches that can be taken to ensure that Coronado’s Halloween style game is strong. Halloween socks are everywhere and tend to be cheap. They are also sold in a vast range of sizes, so no one is excluded from showing of their love of Halloween. There are various tutorials on the web about how to make an ordinary pair of socks into a pair of glamorously festive entities.

Of course DIY is always a choice, but Halloween jewelry is available in many stores, and it is not just costume jewelry. A necklace or bracelet with Halloween flair is a fantastic addition to any outfit. Different stores have their own unique styles, and their Halloween merchandise reflects that. Personal style plays a huge part in finding desirable jewelry, so a student’s favorite store may be their best bet when it comes to finding Halloween accessories and jewelry.

As for accessories like scarves, hair bows, ties, and nail art, the possibilities are endless. Any accessory imaginable can be bought or made, which can give any Halloween outfit even more festive flair.

Despite all of this, a smile is the most important Halloween accessory available. Halloween does not have to just be about costumes, it can be made into an enjoyable holiday in a personal and appropriate way. In the GIF at the bottom is some inspiration to help the students of Coronado in their pursuit of festivity. There is a link below it that contains the links to all of the ideas and images used in the GIF. Best of luck to all students with all of their Halloween happenings this year!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11JAxyM9s0ZTDp6puAfDUvD2DMjQVDbY4s3Y5lb8Dhjc/edit?usp=sharing