CHS: Come and Get Jazzy

…with CHS’s amazing bands!

Raven Sanchez, Editor-In-Chief

Coronado has a variety of bands for students to join, and all of them are extremely talented. Coronado band concerts are always exceptional and worth attending. On February 11th, students will have an opportunity to do just that.

Students can expect to see the Holmes Middle School Jazz Band, all of Coronado’s Jazz Bands, and some wonderful Jazz Combos. Students will hear Jazz Music from many different age groups, and a wide variety of it will be played.

CHS’s Jazz Bands have so much to be proud of at this concert because many members have been doing an exceptional job. Mr. Combs, Coronado’s Band Instructor, says his “students are doing very well” and “Jazz Band 1 is one of the best bands we’ve had at Coronado in years.”

Jazz Band 1 may be doing an amazing job, but they are not the only talented Jazz Band students can expect to see. Mr. Combs and all his bands strive to reach a few goals during their practices. “We want to work hard, perform great music, and have fun doing it,” he said.

With goals like these that allow constant growth and progression, the Jazz Bands will definitely be worth listening to. Many Jazz Band members are so passionate about playing their instruments that they are extremely dedicated to being involved in all things band. “We have two students in the band who were part of the Colorado All State Jazz Band. [They are] Aidan Gould on Bass and Payson Bouchard on trumpet, as well as four who were part of the Colorado Springs All City Jazz Band. [They are] Aidan Gould on bass, Zander Scott on piano, Jackson Shaeffer on drums, and Cole Cotton on guitar,” Mr. Combs explained.

This concert will be in the Auditorium and start at 7:00 p.m; all students must report by 6:30. There are no admission costs to attend this concert, so there is no reason to not attend if interested. If the free admission is not enough motivation, then just remember what Mr. Combs says about the Holmes and CHS bands. “I’m very proud of all of the Coronado Bands, and I know the Holmes Bands are very good as well.”

Come and show some support for all of these talented musicians. All of them are going to make this performance spectacular!