Covid-19 Update

Stay healthy, Coronado students!

Covid-19+Update

Mohss Elaine, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Si está buscando el artículo en español, haga clic aquí. 

Dear D11 Families and Staff Members,

As the global COVID-19 information continues to develop, I want to keep you informed on our planning efforts in School District 11. We continue to receive many questions regarding absences, both for illness and precaution, as well as questions regarding guidance to close schools. The following information will answer many of the questions we’ve received to date. We continue to receive updated information from local, state, and federal agencies and we post regular updates on the www.d11.org home page under the “D11 Planning and Preparation for COVID-19” link.

Excused Absences
Question: What length of time will we excuse students because of concerns over COVID-19?

Answers for Immune Compromised Students
Families who have students with pre-existing health conditions that compromise their immune systems may excuse their students through the declared state of emergency as enacted by the Governor. School assignments for students absent during this time will follow our current excused absence practices.

Answers for Family Choice
Families who wish to keep their children home for preventative measures may do so up to two weeks (14 academic days). They will not be penalized, as their absences will be counted as excused. School assignments for students absent during this time will follow our current excused absence practices.

School Closures
Question: Is the District considering closure and under what circumstances would that occur?
Answers: State ordered closure criteria
● Any school in Colorado with one confirmed case of COVID-19 in a staff member or student will close for a minimum of 72 hours for cleaning and social distancing.
● Any schools that are closed will partner with their local public health agency to conduct further COVID-19 testing.
● Any school with two confirmed cases of COVID-19 in a staff member or student within a 30-day period requires a second minimum 72-hour closure (for a total of 144 hours) for cleaning, testing and public health investigation.
● Any school with three confirmed cases of COVID-19 in staff member or students within a 30-day period requires a closure for a minimum of 14 days.
● If three schools in a district have confirmed cases of COVID-19 within a 30-day period, all schools within the district are required to close for a minimum of 14 days for cleaning, testing and public health investigation.
● Other factors to consider when making decisions to close one or more schools, include:
o Families with students in multiple buildings
o Shared facilities
o Shared transportation
o Central kitchens
o Shared staff

As always, the safety of our students and staff is our top priority. You will continue to be updated with information from D11 regarding our planning efforts and the impacts of COVID-19 on our school district. Thank you for your support and awareness during this time.